Saturday, May 23, 2009

More of the Same

Maynards  May 19th
 
  
 Hannah's salad
  
Maynard is located by the railroad tracks but it wasn't a noise issue.
  
 A Wall of Beer!
On the 19th we ate a wonderful lunch at Maynards located in downtown Tucson.  Marvelous food!  It also had a market where you can purchased groceries.

On the way home we passed a street named "Roller Coaster."    It was just to delicious of a name to ignore and down Roller Coaster Road we went.  It didn't disappoint.
 
 

Randomness
Saw this thought of Hannah and Robert.  Since I didn't have $425 to purchase it I took a picture.
 May 20th
Hannah and I went to 4th Street to do some serious window shopping!  The following pictures are just random pictures.


 
  
I was sitting at a table and I heard, "Don't take your guns to town son, Leave your guns at home Bill, Don't take your guns to town."  I really enjoyed listening to the above street performer and left him a good tip. 

I was a believer that having a facial was a waste of hard earn money.   I could see no sense in it.  You can imagine my surprise when my son, Scott gave Hannah, mom, and myself a facial for Mother's Day.  I put a smile on and said "Thank You" as convincing as I could.   I never had one and never wanted one.....

May 20th was facial day.  I went into a little room and after removing my shoes and socks I wrapped myself up in a towel and I laid down on a little bed, something similar to a gurney.  About ten minutes into the facial, I was saying prayers.  "Dear Lord, please keep me from snoring."

I will admit I snore, sometimes so loud I wake myself up.

About thirty minutes into this facial I was trying to think of ways I could sneak back to Tucson to get another one.  Then I was given a shoulder massage, arm and hand massage and by the time she got to my feet I was putty.  I was so relaxed I didn't care if I snorted.   I have never had anything so relaxing in my life.  In fact I think this is the most relaxed I have been in 50 years!!!!!  It was better than chocolate.  Better than sex.  Better than cheesecake!

 
Saw this and had to have it for the house.
TODAY
On the way to our destination we came upon a vulture in the middle of his feast.  Of course I had to stop the car and jump out.  What I think is interesting is the vulture will eat until it is to full to fly.  If it feels threatened it will vomit to rid itself of the excess weight.  Fortunately that didn't happen.
  
 Bernie tried driving.
 
 Today we went to Iris O. Dewhirst Pima Canyon Trailhead located at the east end of Magee Road in Tucson.  It is a beautiful hike.  The following are a few of the pictures I took.
 
  
  
  
  
  
  
  
  
  
  
We also hung up our decorations on the house today.
 
Links Related To This Post
Iris O Dewhirst Pima Canyon Trail
Maynards

3 comments:

Lynilu said...

Loved the pictures, and don't tell your kids, but they are two good-lookin' little characters.

Facials are da bomb. I wish I could afford to have one at least once a month. Oh, and pedicures, too. Lawd, just roll me over and turn off the light, please.

Robin said...

Love the peacock picture. I remember visiting Uncle Frick and Aunt Dee (or was it Jake and Virginia?) and they had peacocks everywhere. Very cool.

Anonymous said...

Interesting stuff Pepper. Love all the photos. I love that you and your family go and explore and do fun things together. Look at all the wonderful memories you all are making. The salad looks lovely and delicious too. (S)

When I was in Tucson one of the things I loved was all the local foods. Most of my shopping was wondow shopping too. Some very expensive little nooks hidden in scattered malls.

Kudos for Scott and the wonderful gifts. It is so nice to feel pampered at times.
Pretty family...even the mutts. (S)

Thanks for sharing and spreading some fun things. Makes me want to go do something fun too.

Jolie

What Dogs See

I am now a happy person that shares her home with two dogs. Miss Sophie has moved in with us full time. She is a Miniature Pinscher, 6 years...