Monday, May 25, 2009

Beep Beep Beep

Early, early and I will emphasize it again EARLY morning I awoke from a deep sleep to a beep.  One of those irritating, demanding beeps.  I would hear one beep and 2 minutes later another.  I was so tired that I couldn't figure out where it was coming from. It took a good 8 beeps for me to clear the fuzz from my brain and located the source.  It was the carbon monoxide detector.  I reached up and twisted it to remove it from the ceiling.  It would not budge but the beeping starting happening faster and with more intenisity.  I tried twisting it in the other direction and it wouldn't budge.  By now I am wide awake.  I tried twisting it in the other direction and it broke.

CRAP  another job for the "to do" list.

That is when I discovered why it was beeping.  I needed to change the battery; well now I need to change the darn detector.  Was I able to go back to sleep?  You Betcha!

2 comments:

Lynilu said...

I had the same thing not long ago, but *I* didn't break mine!!! [grin] Why do they always begin beeping at night???

Anonymous said...

Happy family...lovely family.

I'd have went back to sleep too. Well maybe. You know me and sleep.
Jolie

What Dogs See

I am now a happy person that shares her home with two dogs. Miss Sophie has moved in with us full time. She is a Miniature Pinscher, 6 years...