Friday, May 29, 2009

Hannah and Robert flew home Wednesday early afternoon after a wonderful visit.


On that same day I was feeling a little puny. By three o clock I knew without a doubt what it was - an UTI. Thirty years ago I had one and it left a definite impression with me. I got the impression from the nurse practioner that this happens frequently, so I am counting my blessing that I do not have this affliction as often as other women. In fact once every thirty years is perfectly fine with me.


I managed to devour three books this week. Two of the books, Roxanna Slade and Kate Vaiden, were written by Reynolds Price, a wonderful author. Both were in a Southern setting so it made you long for a porch, a swing, and glasses of sweet tea. I thoroughly enjoyed them. Hannah loves to go to Bookmans and it was there that I picked up two books by Gregory Maguire. Confessions of an Ugly Stepsister and Mirror Mirror. I finished Mirror Mirror today. I love Gregory Macguire imagination and how he retells the classics.






Links related to this post:
Bookmans
Tucson Zoo

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've only had a couple of those too. And I agree that is enough. Thanks for sharing the zoo. I actually was there once many years ago.
J-

What Dogs See

I am now a happy person that shares her home with two dogs. Miss Sophie has moved in with us full time. She is a Miniature Pinscher, 6 years...