Sunday, May 31, 2009

More In Re Hannah's Visit

The last full day of Hannah and Robert's visit was spent in Sabino Canyon.  We decided to do a "gravity hike."  We took the shuttle to the last stop and then we thought we would hike down.  Foolish, foolish me.    When we did get to the hiking down part it was downhill on the way.    It was a fun time.

 
The last stop
  
  
 Hannah and Robert
  
Me - I died
  
  
That was our trail
 
  
 
  
  
Fortunately at the end of the trail there was a place to cool off.
  
  
  
In beauty may I walk.
All day long may I walk.
Through the returning seasons may I walk.
Beautifully will I possess again.
Beautifully birds . . .
Beautifully joyful birds
On the trail marked with pollen may I walk.
With grasshoppers about my feet may I walk.
With dew about my feet may I walk.
With beauty may I walk.
With beauty before me, may I walk.
With beauty behind me, may I walk.
With beauty above me, may I walk.
With beauty below me, may I walk.
With beauty all around me, may I walk.
In old age wandering on a trail of beauty, lively, may I walk.
In old age wandering on a trail of beauty, living again, may I walk.
It is finished in beauty.
It is finished in beauty.
A Navajo Indian Prayer 

4 comments:

Lynilu said...

Lawdy, how many miles is that? It looks looooooooooooooooooooooooong.

noisysmile said...

sabino is officially my new favorite place.

someday I will learn how to swim without holding my nose. someday.

love and miss you.

Lisbeth said...

No, thank you! I haven't read the whole thing in a long time, that was great. I can't believe we missed Sabino Canyon. We'll be back.... :)

Anonymous said...

WOW!!

Wonderful (LONG) hike. It would take me and my walking stick days to do that. You have such great energy girl. And your Mom is wonderwoman in my eyes.

As usual I must thank you for sharing your wonderful hike and photos.

Hannah looks like she is in pure joy under the water falls. It really brings back memories for me.

I so love that you and your family do such terrific things together.

That prayer is so simple and so meaningful too.

J-

What Dogs See

I am now a happy person that shares her home with two dogs. Miss Sophie has moved in with us full time. She is a Miniature Pinscher, 6 years...