Tuesday, February 23, 2010

All For A Date Shake

Today was the petroglyph site and as soon as we get the generator fixed we will be staying in place like that. A truly beautiful place and so quiet. We also met a very nice gentleman and he talked us to driving to Dateland for a date shake.  It was very good.  Trust me on that one.

Since we purchased our van we have had a unique problem. We have had it checked out and the only sensible conclusion would be an airplane flying overhead or radar in the air. We have had so much fun with it though. You see our horn will honk, or the doors will lock sometimes with the horn letting us know and sometimes not. Our TV turns itself off and on as well. We jokingly say “we have a ghost.” Ok I will admit we blame dad. The doors lock and mom will say “dad is around.” Tonight mom and I were engrossed with an intense Law and Order. It was coming to the conclusion and mom and I were glued…. Then the TV shut itself off. I yelled “Dad knock it off.” As soon as I said it, the TV came on. Hmmm


We are in Ajo and will be visiting Michael tomorrow. We plan to spend two nights here before continuing our slow trip back to Tucson.

5 comments:

Donna McNicol said...

Tell him I say HEY and we hope to visit him in mid-March!

Michael said...

hmmm...long as ya don't "drop by" before 10 A.M.!!!!hee hee...just kidding...you girls are welcome to drop by whenever ya feel like it, I'll probably be "puttering" in the shop...

I was "wondering" if ya were gonna "show" this afternoon for some reason...(my "internal radar" was buzzin')...

Hi, Donna!...can't wait ta see ya again,...and finally meet ol' "what's his name"...hee hee...

Al Bossence said...

Every time we cruise by Dateland...I wonder what those shakes are like. I see they sell them here in Borrego Springs, Not sure how they get them..but sign says Dateland Shakes....
Guess I'd better check it out.
Ghosts, Goblins & Gremlins... at least "he" seems friendly. Mabe he could fix your generator.
Have fun at Lizzard Flats... We were there when M. was just getting set up.. Look forward to seeing the "studio" again.
Have fun! Kelly

Robin said...

Yep. Ghost. Just ask my friend John.

Grandma Rosie said...

So glad to see you are back to blogging. I kept checking and nothing. Too bad about the "furry" companion but really glad your inmate went back to prison. I'll keep reading and checking.

Rose

What Dogs See

I am now a happy person that shares her home with two dogs. Miss Sophie has moved in with us full time. She is a Miniature Pinscher, 6 years...