Thursday, February 25, 2010

Moving On

 



Mom and I finally made it to Ajo and met up with Michael. We had a wonderful adventure exploring Chico Shunie. The pictures I took do not do this part of the world justice. Cabeza Prieta was just an amazing place and I wanted to stay longer and explore more. Michael was a wonderful host and was very knowledgeable about the area. Mom and I really enjoyed our day. It was just fantastic.

When we dropped Michael off our plans was to grab a bite and then go to the bakery and listen to some music. My brakes had a different plan. This time I felt a loss of power, enough to concern me. I went back to the park, found my road assistance number and left late morning. I was not a happy camper. When we left I saw a golden eagle and took that as a positive sign. We made it to Sells Arizona and the brake lights came back on so I stopped at a gas station and waited. We made it to Tucson late afternoon and the van will be going in tomorrow. They are going to find out what is wrong and that is that. Mom and I would have like to have stayed longer in Ajo, explored the Buenos Aires National Refuge and try to see Tubac before they close the state park. I don’t like to be in Tucson because it gets a hold of you and doesn’t turn loose. We are here until the 4th of March and by that time we should be through with our yearly physicals. Let’s hope the doctor doesn’t want to keep us.

The internet at this park is really poor. I will be on when I can. I will be uploading pictures as well.

 
  
  
  
  
  
  

3 comments:

Michael said...

Real "pleasure to have met ya"...and hope that my low life attitude and nature didn't chase ya two off...(I been kinda worried about dat lately)...hee hee....uh, but...not enough ta lose any sleep over, right?...uh,...live it, Baby...till ya drop!....hee hee....

Thank You very much for stopping by, and letting me show ya "another" cemetery to add to yer "collection" of..."we been theres"!

Michael said...

Uh...where ya at in Tucson?...I have friends that own a lil ol' "redneck" RV park right on Ajo Highway into town...(I'll be over there on the 3rd...for a V.A. thing I gotta go for)...Tucson Mtn. R.V. Park...stop by and tell Rick/Pat that yer friends of "daWolf" and they will treat ya like "family", Hon...and they "way "cheaper" then you'll find anywhere else to stay over there...Whenever I have an "overnighter" at the V.A...I stay at Tucson Mtn RV Park....(as a lot of other low income Vets do while in town there). It's a "refuge in da dark" kinda "safe harbour" place...off the grid...but "there" for those that are in the "know"...hee hee...

hannah jane said...

Wow, I am out of the loop. : (

I can't get the pictures to upload here so I'm going to hop on over to facebook.

What Dogs See

I am now a happy person that shares her home with two dogs. Miss Sophie has moved in with us full time. She is a Miniature Pinscher, 6 years...