Thursday, March 04, 2010

Sandbox

I decided it was time to stop acting like a cat turd in a sandbox.  I woke up this morning determined to feel better mentally and find something positive in my day.  I left an hour early for my doctor’s appointment and just when I merged onto I-10 all hell broke loose.  The ABS and brake light came on, my gauges all dropped and my speedometer hit 0…… then the motor started reving.  I pulled over and turned off the motor.  It took a couple of tries but I got it going and went straight to the doctor’s office.  It takes 2 months to see him.  Then I went to the Chevy dealership and dropped the van off. 

My doctor thinks the van’s problem is the motherboard.  I asked him if that was his professional opinion and he said “yes.”  Even though he told me to stop eating sweets, I have such a nice doctor who has a great sense of humor.   He also listens to me and respects my decisions.  I hate doctors that badger you into taking test that you don’t really need.  I checked out fine and I am good to go for another year.  Just can’t eat sweets……  Mom checked out fine and she is good to go for another year. 

Currently we are in a hotel driving a rental.  I didn’t have much of a choice when it came to the rental and it feels strange to be driving an itty bitty teeny weeny car.  I feel like my arse is dragging on the highway after driving the van. 

My middle child, Scott fixed steaks and veggies for our supper.  It was excellent!!!!!


All in all, it’s been a pretty good day.   Tomorrow will only be better.

Oh and I haven’t heard from my oldest.  I think he took the Delorme atlas and got lost.  Strange.

1 comments:

Lynilu said...

Sometimes we have to realize we are in the cat box before we get that we are being a cat turd! I'm glad you too the bull by the horns, er, cat by the tail, again, Pepper.

And driving a strange care is always weird. Agreed, it is most noticeable when going from a big'un to a wee'un. I hope you are back into your own set of wheels soon. Lie low. it's OK.

;)

What Dogs See

I am now a happy person that shares her home with two dogs. Miss Sophie has moved in with us full time. She is a Miniature Pinscher, 6 years...