Wednesday, March 03, 2010

The Best Laid Plans of Mice and Men Oft Go Awry

The plans I made today just didn't materialized.  One of the plans was to help my son do a little yard work.  Cut down some dead trees and clear some brush.  That didn't happen and truthfully I don't mind.  I don't like chain saws, they are intimidating.  They also don't make great gifts.  I received a chain saw on a stick for my birthday so I should know.

I did get the lab work done and tomorrow I will know what is lurking around in my body.  So exciting.  I can't wait for all of this to be done and over.

When mom and I park for the night I have to make sure the van is level.   If I have a space that is unlevel I use some orange blocks and drive up on that.  When I leave for the day or a few hours I just leave my orange blocks on the ground.  The other day I left for an appointment and when I came back someone picked them up and laid them on my patio.  That was so sweet.  Knock on wood, no one has stolen my cable or my hose because I leave that as well.  In the four years we have been on the road the only thing that was taken was a water regulator and my sewer hose. Not bad at all.

All in all a productive in a nonproductive way day.

2 comments:

Lynilu said...

Some days you wrangle the whole herd, and others, you spend the whole day running down one little calf.

Today was a calf day.

noisysmile said...

We still need to go out for your birthday. Love the andreas. I've been on a Clifton kick lately. Homage to my hips - wow.

What Dogs See

I am now a happy person that shares her home with two dogs. Miss Sophie has moved in with us full time. She is a Miniature Pinscher, 6 years...