Tuesday, March 02, 2010

Deadlines

Mom’s visit to the doctor went well.  The doctor decided to schedule both of our blood test at the same time, 10:00 Wednesday.  Why is it when someone tells you not to do something you just have to do it?  No food after 10:00 a.m.  No coffee, tea, soda….. Just drink copious amounts of water.  I am considering taking a sleeping pill at 9:30.   Just knock myself out.   I won’t be hungry; it is just the thought of being told not to eat that will drive me to a pickle.   What is worse than being told don’t eat is when I get permission to eat, then I overeat.  It is a vicious circle folks.

One thing Michael of Ajo showed me was a Delorme map of Arizona.  I found one and told my oldest son, James aka Rusty about it.  Rusty aka James has become a hiking fool; almost every weekend, Anna and James aka Rusty grabs the kids and hit the trails.  Between you and me I think he is nuts for hiking in snow but whatever trips his trigger.   This map has shown him a new world.  I received a text message from him about three hours ago and he told me he was at Barnes and Noble.  He has never been in a bookstore before so I knew he was a man on a mission.  The next text was a picture of his Delorme atlas.  So I called him.  James aka Rusty never turns down a phone call from his mama but he didn’t answer.  I tried again about 30 minutes later.  No answer and no returned call.  I have been replaced by an atlas.   This is a special atlas though and I can understand… Really.   We are going to be waiting around for some tests and I am going to put my atlas to use.  I have a little section of the world set aside for hiking and exploring.    I have my camera bag packed and I am sitting on ready and rocking on go.

We have another 3 days in Tucson and then we will be heading to Tubac.  That is if the doctor doesn’t find anything wrong with me.


Pictures of James aka Rusty and his crew on hikes.

Rusty with Isabel and Malachi.

 
Rusty
 
Rusty with Anna, Isabel and Malachi



The real reason why he took up hiking, pictures below......



  


1 comments:

noisysmile said...

Those were great pictures. I'm going to try and make it in June. You guys should too.

What Dogs See

I am now a happy person that shares her home with two dogs. Miss Sophie has moved in with us full time. She is a Miniature Pinscher, 6 years...