Sunday, April 11, 2010

One Is The Color of Your Hair

We are now in St. Louis!!!!  Tomorrow we will have the van checked and if all goes well, we will set up a time to get everything fixed.  Then it is off to Camdenton to take care of some business.

Before I left Prairie Village Hannah gave me two books (authors Brautigan and Hegi) which I will return because they need to be in our library.    That is a great way to get on my good side.  It will be wonderful to reread Watermelon Sugar and Trout Fishing by Richard Brautigan and I have not read Intrusions by Ursula Hegi .  I am excited to have these in my hands.  When I moved out of my house on a foundation and into a house on wheels I gave my daughter my library.  She shares my love of books and has an extensive library of her own.    Mom and I even have a mini library in our little house.

Hopefully we will have internet tomorrow. 

Karma Repair Kit 1 - 4  by Richard Brautigan
1. Get enough food to eat,
and eat it.
2. Find a place to sleep where it is quiet,
and sleep there.
3.Reduce intellectual and emotional noise
until you arrive at the silence of yourself,
and listen to it.
4.

Nine Things by Richard Brautigan

It's night
and a numbered beauty
lapses at the wind,
chortles with the
branches of a tree,

giggles,

plays shadow dance
with a dead kite,
cajoles affection
from falling leaves,
and knows four
other things.
One is the color
of your hair.

2 comments:

Robin said...

I love Ursula Hegi.

hannah jane said...

oh the karma repair kit!

What Dogs See

I am now a happy person that shares her home with two dogs. Miss Sophie has moved in with us full time. She is a Miniature Pinscher, 6 years...