Tuesday, June 15, 2010

I'll Show You My Plug If You Show Me Yours

I leave my hose and cable on the lot when I am out exploring. I just put up the electric cord and surge protector. I had mentioned in an earlier blog about coming home to find "home" rented to someone else.    My cable and my water regulator were gone.  I did received the water regulator but not my cable.  They said it wasn't there when they pulled in.  99% of the time we don't have a problem and never came home to find everything missing.  I have a spare on most everything.

While staying the Pipestone Campground I had to move two times.  The second time was when a motorhome pulled in beside us and wanted to plug in.  He said he was 50 amps and showed me his plug.  I explained to him he was 30 amps.   He told me I was wrong but why was my van 50 amps when normally they are 30 amps.  I unplugged and showed him my plug and told him he was definitely 30 amps.  I was unhooking to go exploring and told him that I would move.  When I was unhooked, he hooked up, and I thought that was that.  Until he came back out and stopped me because his electric didn't work.  I always make sure the electric is turned off before I plug in or unplug.  He said it was unnecessary of course he thinks he is 50 amps plugged into a 30 amp receptacle.

It was  a neat park, reasonably priced, and we really enjoyed our stay there.


To see pictures of "Three Maidens" in Pipestone MN Click here.

2 comments:

Lynilu said...

Some people have to be thunked on the head to believe what is different than they think. Or did he think you didn't know anything because you're a "girl"?

~~Mike~~ said...

There was a thread on this at rv.net a while ago that gave me a good idea. I am going to look for the small orange traffic cones and keep a stack of 2 of them with us with "occupied" written down the front so we can mark our space with them.

We don't often use RV sites, but when we do, it sure makes sense! Have dealt with people in our site in the past also.

-Mike
97 Roadtrek 170P "Taj Ma Trek"
HTTP://WWW.VanTramps.Com

What Dogs See

I am now a happy person that shares her home with two dogs. Miss Sophie has moved in with us full time. She is a Miniature Pinscher, 6 years...