Wednesday, June 23, 2010

The Storm Has Passed and Another Is On The Horizon


The storm came in around midnight and it was a doozy.  I feel the wind more in the van and I became car sick even though the van isn't moving down the road.  I won't lie to you.... I am done with storms.  We are leaving Saturday, the day of the next storm and I just hope we don't drive into a doozy.  I don't sleep during storms.  This time I took two sleeping pills and then laid there watching the lightning, listening to the thunder, and getting car sick.  There was no rest for me last night which makes me a crabby person in the morning.

Click here for pictures of New Ulm Minnesota and mom's dumpling. 

I really enjoyed driving through this town.  It was picturesque .


May
Sara Teasdale

The wind is tossing the lilacs,
The new leaves laugh in the sun,
And the petals fall on the orchard wall,
But for me the spring is done.

Beneath the apple blossoms
I go a wintry way,
For love that smiled in April
Is false to me in May.


0 comments:

What Dogs See

I am now a happy person that shares her home with two dogs. Miss Sophie has moved in with us full time. She is a Miniature Pinscher, 6 years...