Wednesday, June 30, 2010

The Surprise

It started with a phone call from my son James aka Rusty. He wanted to know if we could drive to Ames Iowa to pick up a package. The RV Park we were staying in Clear Lake wouldn’t accept packages so I told him we would drive to Ames, where there is an UPS store and spend a couple of days. The park we went to was flooded so a phone call was made to James aka Rusty and we ended up in Waukee Iowa. Mom and I wanted to visit Winterset and the RV Park in Waukee would accept packages, so it worked out well.

Anna (James aka Rusty’s girlfriend) worked her magic in the kitchen and the package was sent. It arrived this morning. Anna you are truly a creative person and to quote mom “she is very clever.” We are so happy that the two of you met, you are truly a magical person. This really made mom’s day. Thank you so much for making her cry, and smile, and laugh.


Happy 80th Birthday Mom - Here is to 80 more!!!!!




4 comments:

Anna Bananas cakes said...

I love it they made the trip perfectly. Happy 80th birthday grandma!!! You have cupcakes for a while now. I am glad you were both surprised. Anna is a very creative and thoughtful person I am so fortunate to have a wonderful person like her. Happy 80th birthday again and enjoy your cupcakes. Love you both so much James.

Lynilu said...

Those are amazing!!

Happy Birthday, Pepper's Mom!!!!!




BTW, Pepper, you mom needs a nickname. "{e[[er's Mom" kist dpesn't get it for me. I'm too old to refer to her as 'Mom'! She needs a "Salt" to go with your "Pepper," or something!! Jes' sayin'!

hannah jane said...

I looked at these earlier and had to come back and look at them again with Robert. Jeez louise! I want a birthday surprise!

Are the roses those orange slice thingys or what are they? Holy crap it all looks so good. Describe more please!

Al Bossence said...

Happy Birthday !

What a special present..... you look very happy..

Kelly

What Dogs See

I am now a happy person that shares her home with two dogs. Miss Sophie has moved in with us full time. She is a Miniature Pinscher, 6 years...