Friday, July 16, 2010

Manitowoc, Wisconsin to Ludington Michigan

We cheated and took the ferry to Ludington Michigan.   We boarded the SS Badger July 14th in Manitowoc Wisconsin.  It was an afternoon crossing and the weather was perfect.  Aboard the ferry is enough entertainment to keep folks of all ages entertained.  There was a TV room, a movie room, play area, cafes, museum, gift shops… it was just amazing.    I can say my little house has traveled both on land and water.  Because my home is a van I was able to take advantage of the special car rate.  

We are heading to Mackinaw City Michigan and will be there on Friday.  Mom and I both want to see the island.  She remembers her mother talking about her visit there and always wanted to see it as well.

To view more pictures of Manitowoc Wisconsin click here.
To view more pictures of the ferry crossing click here.

birds DSC_0005
DSC_0040 DSC_0113
 DSC_0028DSC_0145
DSC_0162 DSC_0004
DSC_0037 DSC_0020
DSC_0012 DSC_0177 

3 comments:

~~Mike~~ said...

I love taking the ferries! Having an RT really makes it reasonable too. I would hate to be charges some of the rates the larger RV's get nailed for!

If you are in Wisconsin, are you considering going to the B-social get together in Grand Marais MN in September? Should be fun if you are interested. So far there are 17 B's and couples registered.


-Mike
97 Roadtrek 170P "Taj Ma Trek"
HTTP://WWW.VanTramps.Com

hannah jane said...

I am so jealous.

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful trip this must have been. The pictures you took says it all. I miss you Pepper.
Love Jolie

What Dogs See

I am now a happy person that shares her home with two dogs. Miss Sophie has moved in with us full time. She is a Miniature Pinscher, 6 years...