Thursday, July 29, 2010

Tawas Point State Park Michigan, Sandy Hook Trail

This is a nice state park located on Lake Huron.  I am so happy we were able to make reservations for 4 nights because I can already tell by day one this is going to be nice.   We will be leaving the 29th and heading to another park that doesn’t have internet.  I am going to stop at a McDonalds and upload three blogs that will  automatically publish over three days.  We are unsure of next destination but I have a feeling we will be heading to northern Ohio.

Yesterday (the 25th) when I found our rv spot, I had a little trouble backing in.  The trouble was where the electric, picnic table, and fire pit was located.  I can do something about the picnic table.   I got out of the van and grabbed the table and tugged and pulled and grunted and pulled….. well you get the picture.  I finally drug it to where I wanted it and backed the van in.  My neighbors came in a little later on and I watched two young strapping males try to pick up their picnic table.  When that failed they ended up pushing, and tugging, and grunting and pulling…..  These tables are heavy.  It made me feel good to watch them.  I should have walked over and asked if they needed help.  It only took one of me to move mine and it took two to move theirs.   Its these little moments that makes me feel good.

On the 26th of July I walk the Sandy Hook trail which will take you to the point. It is a beautiful hike with lots of flowers and beautiful scenery.  At one time the trail took you through a small field of purple thistle.

bee DSC_0044
DSC_0013 DSC_0096

0 comments:

What Dogs See

I am now a happy person that shares her home with two dogs. Miss Sophie has moved in with us full time. She is a Miniature Pinscher, 6 years...