Tuesday, July 27, 2010

KOA Roscommon Michigan

We stayed at the KOA in Roscommon Michigan July 23 and 24th.  This is a typical KOA – overpriced and now I am seeing another trend in KOA that I don’t like - they charge you for cable and free internet.  I was told they could advertise free internet because you get one hour free.  I bought a ticket so I could get online and finish up with my pictures.  I spent most of the day waiting for the internet to connect.  Once it did connect it was so slow it was unusable.  I couldn’t publish my blog, I couldn’t upload any pictures, and I couldn’t just surf the net.  At 10:00 I was able to get on.  It is still to slow to upload the last of my pictures.  If you have to stay at a KOA remember to ask for the cheapest lot – usually electric only. 

This is definitely one place I will not come back to.

There is good news – when this is published we will be sitting on the beach of Lake Huron.  4 nights watching the water roll in and roll out. 

I bought three throw away grills.  Tonight I used the last one cooking up the last of the hamburgers.  I am happy that we did purchase the throw away grills because I finally broke down and bought a small grill.  This week I will be grilling chicken and adding that to the hamburgers in the freezer.  I am enjoying cooking outside and so far I haven’t burn anything or blew anything up.

I will post more on the 29 of July!

3 comments:

Anna Bananas cakes said...

That is awesome your BBQing. On the bright side your cooking outside so if you do burn any thing or blow up anything the van is safe LOL. I am jealous of you and sitting on the beach of Lake Huron BBQing. I know your both having a time of your life. Is it nice to have the van and go places you probably couldn't go with the RV. You continue to have fun and we will be thinking of you both here in Washington. I also love the pictures there great.

hannah jane said...

Still no email of the guy playing the accordian! You should have spent that tiny bit of time sending it LOL! No really, send it when you can.

Al Bossence said...

I'll be waving to you from across the shore.... Kelly

What Dogs See

I am now a happy person that shares her home with two dogs. Miss Sophie has moved in with us full time. She is a Miniature Pinscher, 6 years...