Sunday, August 08, 2010

One Bottle

Like a lot of people, I have a little problem with anxiety.  I was also blessed (perhaps cursed) with a fertile imagination.  Besides mountains, I get anxious with driving through big cities and driving over bridges.  Back in the days when I was smoking I would light up before a bridge or a city and I would keep smoking until I got passed it.  I don’t think any of my passengers knew the panic I was experiencing. 

Now that I don’t have a crutch anymore (smoking) I absolutely hate waking up knowing that today is the day I will have to cross a bridge or go through a big city.  I have a terrible problem with shutting down the fertile imagination and letting logic come through. 

I know the bridge won’t collapse and I will not fly over the edge.  I know that I lgAnwewewsyDay-1won’t get lost in a big city if I stay on the interstate and focus.  I have driven through cities and over bridges many times but I have to constantly reassure myself that everything is going to be okay. 

I realized when driving through yet another big city I have picked up a bad habit.  Instead of smoking I have developed the habit of drinking copious amounts of water.    I store a case of water between the seats because there isn’t any other place to put it.  I started reaching down and grabbing a bottle of water whenever I get nervous.  That is not good when you are in your fifties and  a woman who has bore three children. 

I drove around Flint, Detroit, and Toledo all in one day fighting their traffic and I went through 4 bottles of water. What is strange is I drove through Cleveland August 7th and it was a one bottle city.  Even though all the tall buildings were a little intimidating the architecture was breath taking. 

FYI - I am not a zip, zip, zoom, zoom person when driving.  I am more of a put, put gal. 

Life Is Good

0 comments:

What Dogs See

I am now a happy person that shares her home with two dogs. Miss Sophie has moved in with us full time. She is a Miniature Pinscher, 6 years...