Saturday, August 07, 2010

Put In Bay, Ohio

Mom and I drove to Port Clinton Ohio August 3rd and spent 3 nights at CedarLane RV Park.  During our visit we toured Put In Bay Island.  I thoroughly enjoyed driving around the island in a golf cart.  I was given a map and instructions on how to operate the cart and off mom and I went.  Mom was in charge of taking pictures while I drove.  I tell you what….  it is a little strange to go from my van to a golf cart.

The island is only two by four miles and you can drive around in a matter of minutes if it wasn’t for all the touristy stuff along the way.  We toured the crystal cave (not worth the time) and winery.  I had a wonderful “taste” of grape juice and learned quite a bit about wine.  We stopped at the cemetery and the state park.  We walked through the downtown and watched the kids ride the merry go round.  It was a fun day. 

Some of the highlights of Put In Bay are 
Perry Peace Memorial - Perry's Victory and International Peace Memorial was established to honor those who fought in the Battle of Lake Erie, during the War of 1812, and to celebrate the long-lasting peace between Britain, Canada and the U.S.
Heineman Winery
Kimberly’s Carousel
Perry’s Cave

Click here for pictures.

0 comments:

What Dogs See

I am now a happy person that shares her home with two dogs. Miss Sophie has moved in with us full time. She is a Miniature Pinscher, 6 years...