Saturday, September 11, 2010

Breathe

We left this morning and it started raining.  I had washed the van, wrote down all of the places I wanted to see, mapped out the trip and it rained.  We passed beautiful old cemeteries, main streets, a state park and that is when I said “THE HELL WITH THIS.”  So we stopped in the middle of the day and found a place to stay the night.  Of course as soon as we did, it stopped raining.  I am thankful it did because I filled up the trash can with water and washed off the road grime. 

Tomorrow will be warm and sunny and we will be able to explore. 

floral1

My D60 is dead.  I get an error message “Error. Press shutter release button again.”   I did some research and it appears that this is a fatal error message.  Funeral services need to be held.  The camera is less than 3 years old and I am going to hang onto it until I find a camera shop.  Then my lens shot craps and I have been researching what is a good everyday lens to use.  If any of my lurkers have a suggestion I would love to hear it. 

floral1

We are in Columbus Indiana and tomorrow we will continue our journey to Illinois,  Missouri, and Kansas.  Belle – you know I  am close enough and if anything happens call me and I will be there. 

1 comments:

T. Stone said...

Hi. I just discovered your blog recently while researching van dwelling. (I'm thinking about spending more time in my van.) Anyway, I see that you enjoy cemeteries and make a point of visiting them. I, too, spend time in graveyards and even wrote a book about Prescott, Arizona's Citizens Cemetery called "Grave History, A Guidebook to Citizens Cemetery". (I think they still have an old page up on Amazon.) Anyway, if you are interested in getting a free copy, I will be glad to send it along to any address you use. Keep up the good writing and photography!

sincerely,

T. Stone

stoneart13@yahoo.com

What Dogs See

I am now a happy person that shares her home with two dogs. Miss Sophie has moved in with us full time. She is a Miniature Pinscher, 6 years...