Sunday, November 21, 2010

And My Life Flashed Before My Eyes

Beware, o wanderer, the road is walking too.

DSC_0339We are somewhere in the Piney Woods in Texas.  It is beautiful around here.  I found myself wandering at 60 mph instead of the posted 70 mph or even the 90 mph that the residents here drive.  I was thoroughly enjoying the scenery.   I did get the California Wave that I am now calling the Texan Wave aka digitus impudicus, on a few occasions.  My attitude is tough crunchies and if I had a finger for that I would be waving it around. 

We stayed at a very nice park last night in Huntsville Texas called Heartland.  The restrooms were cleaned, it had Wi Fi and Cable and the rates were reasonable.  I wanted to explore the cemetery and the town that Sam Huston lived in but traffic was a nightmare and being Sunday the cemetery had visitors.  So we just drove. 

The park we are in currently is ok.  Nothing fancy – just a parking lot.  After dinner mom stepped outside to smoke a cigarette and I was busy washing dishes.  I heard her talking to someone and then she said “Pepper come outside.”  She was holding the DSC_0002cutest dog that had no collar.  My life flashed before my eyes.  I always said the best dog is the dog that finds you.   One found us.  You couldn’t help but fall in love with the little thing especially when it cuddles up to you.  There was only one thing I could do….  I walked around the park until I found a fifth wheel with the lights on, the door open and I went to that one and said “does she belong to you?”  Fortunately she did.  I will say this a Chihuahua and Pug mix does make a cute dog.  A really cute dog. 

Tomorrow we will be in Marksville LA and we will be there for a week.   I only took one picture and that one is the picture of the moon. 

4 comments:

Al Bossence said...

Our little Cora is a Chihuahua/shitsiu mix... but we've always believed she has pug in her..She looks like Yoda or mabe a little bat... she has brought us so much joy and fun. She is 13 and doing well. Although taking her to the vet this a.m. for hopefully a minor thing.
Kelly

Jerry and Suzy said...

We have enjoyed the piney woods, but were only in that area for a short time, staying at the Escapees Rainbow's End park in Livingston. Our first year out we got what I considered then some good pix of the Sam Houston statue area. Loved your full moon shot -- mine didn't turn out too well: I was in a hurry to get it and go, and we didn't have any decent sky effects. Glad yours turned out well!

hannah jane said...

I agree. Zeus found us, and we had such an awesome time even though he loved Robert more. Even though I know that I need to wait for another cat to find us, I admit that I've been looking for a cat that's looking, which is probably what's messing with my luck.

~~Mike~~ said...

Oh it's a good thing no little chihuahua/pugs have found us! We are trying to stay dogless :( We just visit everyone elses fur kids to fill the void. Great pic of the moon!

-Mike
97 Roadtrek 170P "Taj Ma Trek"
HTTP://WWW.VanTramps.Com

What Dogs See

I am now a happy person that shares her home with two dogs. Miss Sophie has moved in with us full time. She is a Miniature Pinscher, 6 years...