Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Why Head East

Mom and I discussed where to spend the winter.  Keep in mind we do not settle down in one place and spend the winter there.  We spend the winter here, there, and everywhere so we try to find an area.  We decided on Texas and New Mexico.  Then my son called and everything changed.  There is a possibility that he will be moving due to his job.  That means the little house on wheels will be parked and mom will be moving into the little adobe hacienda.  So the conversation shifted to the places we wanted to see but missed.  One of the places was the Metairie Cemetery in Louisiana.  We couldn’t go last year because the weather was horrible.  So that is why we suddenly changed our plans.  After that we will drift towards Florida and then start drifting back.  We have a list of places but Metairie Cemetery is at the top of our list.

I cannot move to Arizona.  I have to remain a resident of Missouri or I will lose my health insurance.  You see my triglyceride levels are too high and I was turned down by BCBS of Arizona.  When I checked into other types of insurance I was either turned down or offered insurance that doesn’t cover as well as the insurance I have now.  So we are in a quandary.  I have my physical done in Arizona but if I need any tests ran such as mammogram, colonoscopy, bone scan…. they have to be done in Missouri.  I just got a letter from my insurance company  stating  I am now “grandfathered" in.  My health care coverage is guaranteed if I don’t make any changes.  I keep saying we are losing more and more of our freedom every day…  Take the time to talk to someone older than you either years or wisdom and you will see.

We are in Marksville.  I don’t have phone coverage and the internet here is spotty.  The lady told me they are going to turn the antenna so I could get better coverage.  That reminded me of the time when I was a youngun and turning the antenna outside to get better TV reception.  Doesn’t work for WI Fi but it did work for the television reception that is if the wind didn’t blow.

Life is good.

1 comments:

Jerry and Suzy said...

Well, friends, you will find things to enjoy and places to visit wherever you are. We enjoyed Missouri when we were there a few years back. Visited Holden, my father's old home town, and found the family graves. Was surprised that my grandfather's grave was there, as we had understood he died in San Francisco early last century. I guess he was born to wander, and did so in his afterlife also!

What Dogs See

I am now a happy person that shares her home with two dogs. Miss Sophie has moved in with us full time. She is a Miniature Pinscher, 6 years...