Saturday, February 12, 2011

Double Fisting Drinking My Blues Away

For those that heard that horrible crash that was me falling off the Caffeine Free Diet Coke wagon and I took a chocolate cake with me.  No, turning a year older didn’t cause my fall it was Valentine’s Day.  I was in Winn Dixie with about 10 items more than the express land would allow.  So I went to the the next register and I had to move again because  I was in the “Valentine Express” lane.  Christmas time there wasn’t a “Santa Claus” express lane and I am sure on Easter there will not be a “Easter Bunny” express lane.  I had no choice to get behind a woman with two grocery carts full.   I tried to make Ma buy me a dozen roses and  a box of chocolates so I could get in the Valentine Express lane… but she said I wasn’t worth it   Smile 

jamesannaMy son’s girlfriend, Anna posted a picture of herself and James on Facebook that really threw me for a loop.  When James was a teenager he wore a grey sweat shirt, jeans and tennis shoes every single day until he joined the Navy.  Then he traded his teenage attire for a Navy uniform that he wore every single day.  Then he traded in his Navy uniform for a Correctional Officer Uniform.  I have never seen in him in anything but a uniform or jeans and a t-shirt.  Until last night.   I was so shocked that I woke up Ma and said “you are not going to believe this.”    Anna thank you for the picture. 

She also posted another picture, a picture of all my grandkids.  They make a great looking family. 

family

Life is good.

5 comments:

Bob said...

Hmmm. Belated Happy Birthday wish with visions of diet coke and non fat chocolate cake.

ST said...

Glad to hear the birthday was enjoyed!

Al Bossence said...

Good looking family.... and I really like your header picture.

Kelly (Happy birthday Pepper )

Sam&Donna Weibel said...

Great looking family, looks like you have a houseful of grandkids like we do. Be safe out there. Sam & Donna.

Jerry and Suzy said...

Yes, Happy Birthday, or as our daughters would say, Hippo Birdie to you! And like Kelly, we were impressed with your header picture.

What Dogs See

I am now a happy person that shares her home with two dogs. Miss Sophie has moved in with us full time. She is a Miniature Pinscher, 6 years...