Wednesday, March 02, 2011

Topless Interstate Driving

We are in the state of Oklahoma this evening and tomorrow around noon we will be sitting down having lunch with my daughter. 

It has been pretty boring the past couple days with the exception of one morning.  I did the usual morning routine and we took off.  About thirty minutes later I started scratching.  I could see the bumps appearing on my arms.  I made a quick dash into a Dollar General Store and bought Benadryl lotion.  By the time I got to the counter it was obvious I was breaking out.  I made the comment that I am going to have to take my shirt off the minute I get into the van.  That caused an eyebrow to lift from the cashier.  I medicated myself and put on sleeveless shirt.  About a half hour later the itching stopped and eventually the redness disappeared.  The strange thing is when I put on the shirt I wore when I developed the rash, I broke out again.  I am allergic my to my shirt.  It is an old shirt that I have worn countless times.  I plan to wash it and then see if I break out.  I hate to throw out an old friend. 

I told mom that I would get us to Hannah’s on time even if it means driving topless to Kansas….  Fortunately that didn’t happen.

Life is good.

3 comments:

Jerry and Suzy said...

What a potential sight to behold! Have you changed laundry detergents lately? Could be something there, although I suspect your shirt just got into something you don't like and a good washing will cure it!

Michael said...

Sheesh!...I had the exact same effect on an ex-wife one time...she broke out in hivs...just like yer old shirt did to you...dang!...hee hee...Hope "you n mom" are still out there havin' FUN!...Pssst: the Vultures are finally back here in Ajo!...(Spring is here!)

Barb said...

That's strange - I'm reading this later in the month - are you still allergic to your shirt?

What Dogs See

I am now a happy person that shares her home with two dogs. Miss Sophie has moved in with us full time. She is a Miniature Pinscher, 6 years...