Thursday, March 03, 2011

We Made It

We arrived in Kansas around 11:30, just in time for lunch.  Hannah and Robert took us to Bo Ling's, one of my favorite restaurants.   Unfortunately it was right next door to Half Price Books.  The afternoon was spent browsing through books and talking.  Hannah and I both have a love of poetry.  We also share the dislike for romance books.  She works among books and she says the romance books always smell of tacos, menthol vapor rub and cigarette smoke.  I am sorry if this offends some but reading a romance novel is like reading the same book over and over and over.   Two basic elements comprise every romance novel: a central love story and an emotionally satisfying and optimistic ending.  I like substance, I like variety and I don’t need a happy ever after.  I am not in the norm when it comes to this way of thinking because romance sells and sells big. 

Tomorrow I meet my new doctor. Life is good.

2 comments:

Jerry and Suzy said...

Suzy agrees, but not necessarily about the taco smell. She gave up on romance novels centuries ago -- well, at least last century.

DirkStar said...

Nice... ;0)

What Dogs See

I am now a happy person that shares her home with two dogs. Miss Sophie has moved in with us full time. She is a Miniature Pinscher, 6 years...