Sunday, May 15, 2011

We Have Arrived

IMG_1130We made it to Spring Branch Texas at 6:30 p.m.  After we set up camp, Scott started the charcoal and we sat by the river listening to an owl and a bunch of peacocks.  The campground is pretty sad but what is important is sitting around the picnic table enjoying a meal of chicken and succotash with family.  It was a wonderful evening.  Tomorrow we are hoping to rent a canoe and hit the river.   Mom is going to stay home and baby-sit the grandpuppy, Louie.  This will be Bernie’s first time in a canoe and on a river.  Scott and I have never flipped a canoe yet but I have a feeling our record will be coming to an end.  Bernie weighs about 80 pounds.

Last night we spent the night at Balmorhea State Park.  The wind was so bad that we just knew Scott’s tent will blow away but it didn’t.  The three of us and the two dogs stayed in the van until bedtime.  I am finding out that the five of us can be comfortable in our little house on wheels.

Louie the Chorkie is the little escape artist.  It didn’t take her anytime to figure out how to escape the tent so she has been bunking with us.  When Scott and Bernie leaves she will sit by the door waiting for him to return.  It takes her about 30 minutes to jump into bed and even then she is ever alert and ever hopeful.

Enjoy the pictures.

 

A little Chapel  on the way to Balmorhea State Park

DSC_0323
It was built over a hundred years ago.

DSC_0327
DSC_0336 DSC_0355
DSC_0360 DSC_0362
DSC_0424 DSC_0364
DSC_0426 DSC_0463
DSC_0435 DSC_0443

IMG_1131

1 comments:

hannah jane said...

So dad was telling me about your verizon problems before I even had a chance to get to your blog LOL.

I have been homesick for water. It's actually been pretty fierce. Keeping me up at night, sneaking into my dreams when I can fall asleep. I've been smelling the lake for weeks now. I am an idiot if I do not understand this.

The last pic of Lulu is just fabulous, FABULOUS. Her haircut is just a riot. Fits her to a t. And the ears are awesome. We are getting close to shaving the girls, but it's supposed to rain for the next several days, so I won't do it now because the grandma police will be after me.

What Dogs See

I am now a happy person that shares her home with two dogs. Miss Sophie has moved in with us full time. She is a Miniature Pinscher, 6 years...