Monday, September 05, 2011

Top Ten

My daughter, Hannah Jane, likes to get on my computer and look at my top twenty five songs I listen to. To prevent boredom I will post my top ten.

1. More Like You, Freebo, Dog People

2. Ahi Wela/Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, Israel Kamakawiwo'ole, Alone In IZ

3. Murder in the City, The Avett Brothers, The Second Gleam

4. The Dog Song, Nellie McKay, Get Away From Me [Disc 1]

5. Georgia Lee, Tom Waits, Mule Variations

6. Orange Colored Sky, Nat King Cole, Unforgettable

7. Heartaches, Ted Weems, Ted Weems Greatest Hits

8. Wasp Nest, The National, Cherry Tree

9. Incomplete And Insecure, The Avett Brothers, I And Love And You

10. I Wanna Get Married, Nellie McKay, Get Away From Me [Disc 1

Looking at this list you can draw a lot of conclusions. Heck if you look at my top twenty five you would consider me somewhat eclectic in my choice of music. What I see is a hike I took a couple weeks back with my son, Scott… Fairbank Arizona… a forgotten cemetery… As I glanced down the trail I saw me carrying my old friend, Surely Not, and realizing then that it was time to say good-bye to her. I realize now that whenever I look at a dog that needs a home I search for her. And that little hike near Fairbanks made me miss my old friend.

More pictures to share. These are from our trip to Salt Lake City, Utah – Herriman Cemetery where one of my ancestors is buried in an unmarked grave.

 

DSC_0004 DSC_0002
DSC_0007 DSC_0008
DSC_0010 DSC_0011
DSC_0014 DSC_0015
DSC_0018 DSC_0019
   
More Like You
Freebo from the album, “Dog People”

Soft and tender tough as nails

Here and now you know what's real

No one tells you how to feel

You lie there so peacefully

Loving unconditionally

I wish I was less like me

What can I do to be more more like you

When I get in my way what would you say to get me through

Days like these I know I need

To be More like you…….

As I try to beat the clock that voice inside my head won’t stop

You just sit no need to talk

As the sun is going down

You just smile and I just frown

I’m, so lost and you’re so found

What can I do to be more, more like you

When I get in my way what you would say

To get me through

Days like these I know I need

To be more like you…

All the commotion all the human misery

In a world that so confused

But your love and devotion is such a perfect mystery

Guiding me to someday be

To be more like you

Life is short here and gone

Through the tears I’ll carry on

Give me hope and keep me strong

To face my trouble know what’s true

To treat each day like it’s brand new

I know that’s what you would do

That’s what I will do

To be more, more like you

When I get in my way that’s what I will say to get me through

Days like these it’s hard to be

Yes days like these I know I need

To be more like you….

1 comments:

hannah jane said...

You are a lovely duck momalu.

Wasp Nest was on my top ten for awhile too, but now it's green gloves. I love The National.

I will post my top 10 soon.

What Dogs See

I am now a happy person that shares her home with two dogs. Miss Sophie has moved in with us full time. She is a Miniature Pinscher, 6 years...