Thursday, November 10, 2011

What Shall We Do With A Drunken Sailor?

That is the mood I am in. The Blaggard’s versus is a little risqué, to say the least.  If you want to hear it just go to you tube or download Dropbox and let me know that you did and I will send it to you.

We are wintering in Tucson and rented an apartment.  Renting an apartment is a lot different than 30 years ago.  We were shown an apartment with furniture and pictures on the wall.  Freshly painted and professionally decorated, we liked the price, and it was cute.  Then we found out that this isn’t the apartment that we will be renting.  WTH  I was taught never buy anything until you take a look at it.  When I insisted to see the apartments that were available I was told I could only look at the one I was shown.  So we rented one sight unseen.   We did get to pick it out from a map and we are pleased with it.   We have beautiful views of the mountains and we live next door to dog people, which in my opinion are the best people in the world.

After hanging around my grandpuppy, Sophie, mom and I decided to adopt an older dog.  That way we will know if there are any medical issues and psychological issues.    We found a mix breed, about 7 pounds, and we were told she was  a year old.  Perfect.  In the beginning she was quiet and she acted like a dog.  Then the  honeymoon period ended about a week later  with a high pitch yelp.  She loves to start off in the bedroom and run lickety split to the living room squealing.  So I looked into her mouth and discovered baby teeth.  She is a puppy.  Truthfully I just didn’t want to deal with chewing and housebreaking.  She has wormed her way into our hearts as all puppies do.  She is doing great with housebreaking and she seems to be fairly well adjusted.  She is getting over her fear of loud noises and she has found her voice.  She is not quiet but she knows hush.   Mom changed her name from Tweeter to Zuni. 

CSC_0202My life was tragic and sad
Yeah I was the archetypal loser
I was a pageant gone bad
Then there was you on time
And wagging your tail
In the cutest mime
And you was in jail
I said woof, be mine
And you gave a wail
And then I was no longer alone

“The Dog Song” Nellie Mckay

 

Mom and I are well and adjusting to this new lifestyle.  We are looking forward to taking off for a week though. 

Yes kids I will blog about “What Do You Do With A Drunken Lady” tomorrow.

2 comments:

Robin said...

I loved your Mom when I was young because she was fun and astute and unpredictable. I love her more now because she gave alllllll of those things to you and you get to spread the wealth. Please tell me one of your children is keen on the idea?

Re: Zuni? You are good women.

~R

The Good Luck Duck said...

I like Nellie McKay. I like dogs. Win-win.

What Dogs See

I am now a happy person that shares her home with two dogs. Miss Sophie has moved in with us full time. She is a Miniature Pinscher, 6 years...