Tuesday, September 26, 2006

On A Soap Box

I am on a soap box. I read about the Baton Rouge man who stabbed his ex wife in a car and when she managed to jump out and go for help he stabbed his 2-year old daughter. When he couldn’t get the knife out of the child’s head to use on his wife he struck his wife with the car.

Where is God?

I can answer that question based on something Ruth Graham said when she was asked that question. We removed him from the schools, the government, sometimes even from church. Being the gentleman he is, he just stepped back.

Mel Gibson made a comparison to the Mayan civilization and the United States. I have always said we are in a decline and I even compared the US and the Mayans before Mel. I remember when we went to the Mayan Pottery Cave in Belize. I asked William our guide the usual tourist question of “What happened to the Mayans.” I will tell you this they are still there but not in the numbers as before. William said when the Mayans civilization started the decline anyone could perform the sacred rituals. Not just the religious leaders. People started losing faith, then the overuse of resources, doesn’t this sound a little familiar? I always told my kids that history repeats itself.

I am aware the decline of Mayan civilization is still not fully explained but it is obvious that the overuse of the land, the revolts against the priests played a significant role. We are seeing that now. We have become a country without guidance. There are no rules, no boundaries. I have to agree that God is a gentlemen and being the gentleman he is, he just stepped back. Perhaps we need to call on him more. Invite him back to our schools, government, churches. Maybe then we will not see as many headlines such as “Man stabs ex-wife, toddler while stuck in traffic”

0 comments:

What Dogs See

I am now a happy person that shares her home with two dogs. Miss Sophie has moved in with us full time. She is a Miniature Pinscher, 6 years...