Thursday, December 28, 2006

I Was Asked

I was asked where are you now. We are still stuck in Baton Rouge.

We finally got the leaks fixed. I found out that I will have to climb up on the roof every 3 or 4 months to caulk. I have been on the roof three times and each time I say to myself "No More." I am scared of heights. The leak by the refrigerator was fixed as well and will not require any climbing on my part. I am fortunate to find a repairman that will take the time to show you how to repair something. I went up on the roof with him and he showed me where to caulk. He also answered a lot of questions I had about maintaining my home.

The second repair we will have done and we are waiting for is mom's bed. She has a sleep number bed that leaks on one side. They will be bring us a new mattress (and not a sleep number bed) tomorrow. Then we are heading west. We have been here for 3 weeks and we are getting antsy.

We have been going to cemeteries but the majority of our time has been waiting for someone to show up. Tomorrow while I wait for the mattress I plan to wash the coach, the car, clean out the basement, put photographs in albums, and pray he shows up.

My daughter is tired of cemetery pictures so I haven't posted any. I will say the graves are above ground. We found a place where there are homemade headstones. We are hoping to see Myrtle Plantation before we leave but the way we both are feeling we just want to start going down the road.
Location: Louisiana Baton Rouge

0 comments:

What Dogs See

I am now a happy person that shares her home with two dogs. Miss Sophie has moved in with us full time. She is a Miniature Pinscher, 6 years...