Monday, February 12, 2007

Mission Texas

We are currently parked at the far end or the RV Park. We have neighbors only on one side of us and the backyard is a small plot of ground with a fence. Yesterday morning mom was looking out the window and saw a bone shaped sign wired on the chain link fence. The sign read “A Spoiled Doberman Lives Here.” Neither one of us could remember the sign ever being there until this point. The ground below the sign shows evidence of a hole that was covered by a slab of grass. That led to a heated discussion between the both of us. We both agreed that it is probably a burial place for a beloved pet. I, of course, became upset because the animal is buried in unknown territory, a land that is not his home. I said, in spirit he is lost because this is not his home. Mom on the other hand said his spirit is with his people riding down the road with them.



Keep in mind we really don’t know if a Doberman is buried there or not. But this has been an ongoing discussion since yesterday. Is the Doberman with his people or is he/she roaming the Rio Grande Valley in Texas. We both agree that if a Doberman is buried there that whoever buried him/her must have loved the dog dearly.



My plan for Surely Not is cremation. When I pass then our ashes will be scattered together. She has been with me so far for fifteen years; longer than all of my marriages combined. Wherever I am is home to her.



Rusty aka James emailed me. I shouldn’t give him a hard time because his schedule is so demanding. He is working and his job requires some overtime but oftentimes it requires a lot of overtime. He has learned to shut off his phone. He is the father of 2 children with another one due in April. He has had some health issues now corrected. He is also in a custody dispute with his ex wife and hopefully that will be resolve in February. His oldest child is in preschool and much needed speech therapy. His son, Hayden is at the wonderful age of discovery. Hayden has discovered running and climbing is so much more fun that walking. He still loves to scream and smile. His wife has cut her hours at work to stay home with the children. He is also moving in February. His life is busy just like anyone with three children but he wouldn’t have it any other way. I also think his wife is a saint.



I will have to say one thing to you Rusty aka James……. Is your living room big enough to accommodate your TV? Like I said earlier his wife is a saint.



Scott the book you sent me is wonderful. I just love Brother Iz and I am so glad to have his autobiography both in words and photographs. Hannah Jane thanks for the lovely serenade this morning. Kudos to you for your exam grades. I am looking forward to seeing you and Robert in March.



Today is warm and breezy and we are heading for the park.







Location:  Mission Texas

0 comments:

What Dogs See

I am now a happy person that shares her home with two dogs. Miss Sophie has moved in with us full time. She is a Miniature Pinscher, 6 years...