Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Changes

I am stoic. Just ask my doctor, it is in my personal records. When I hurt I don’t’ complain. Sneezing and the flu is a different for me. I am not in pain I am miserable and I want the world around me to share my misery.

Somewhere between lifting dad and heavy boxes at work I did a number on my back. Now it is pretty much a daily pain. On good nights I will sleep on my mattress on the floor, on bad nights I sleep on the couch. When I drive I keep a pillow behind me but I can go only drive for a couple of hours before I have to stop and lay down. One of the problems is I can’t reach anything. If it wasn’t for the extensions I wouldn’t be able to drive.

Then there are a few issues that I won’t discuss in my blog regarding my home. I will say this all maintenance records are on file both in a cabinet and computer. It is the same with all vehicles. On that note I will say….

It is with a heavy heart that we say good bye to our Holiday Rambler.

We really wanted to keep our home for a long time. We started and have a lot of memories here. It has been more of a home to both mom and I than our home on a foundation. There is a time to throw in the towel and let go.

We take possession of our new home on Monday. It is only a foot longer. It drives like a dream. With a captain seat made for a person of “short stature.” No extensions, no reaching and stretching, and no gadgets. In fact this home is gadget free. We all know what that means…… fewer gadgets less maintenance. It also has four levelers instead of three so there is no worry about getting this one in a bind and popping out the windshield.

I can maintain the motor without the aid of a ladder. The roof is not rubberized. When we put out the slides it actually seals, keeping most cold air out, but more important it keeps us dry. The motor is FINE. The basement is smaller but I can deal with that. The levels are virtually maintenance free which means less crawling under the house.

The kitchen is a littler larger with more counter space and it has a very small oven. I call it a biscuit oven but mom loves it. It has a microwave which is great. I can use a microwave, I can’t use an oven. It also has bunk beds in the hallway. I will have a bed. This will definitely help my back. I will have a little tiny space to call my own and if Surely Not starts taking up most of the bed, well I can pitch her up to the top bunk. Mom will still have her own room. There is separation. The bathroom is bigger but the shower is not. It is the same size. There is also more storage in the actual living space. I wonder if mom will let me bring in my tool box….. Nah

We have been busy trying to pull this together and work out an agreement that suits us financially. Now we are in the process of packing. Most of what we owned is already contained but there is the loose stuff and the cleaning.

When we take possession I will be taking pictures and posting them.

Happy Thanksgiving all.

Location: Las Cruces New Mexico

0 comments:

What Dogs See

I am now a happy person that shares her home with two dogs. Miss Sophie has moved in with us full time. She is a Miniature Pinscher, 6 years...