Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Greetings

Surely is doing fine. There has been some changes made which she does not approve but I really don’t have a choice. The biggest change in her life is she is now the unhappy owner of a dog crate. It is big enough for her to stand up and move around. Last night was her first night in her crate. She whined for a while but soon settle down.

The reason for the crate is she is having a lot of accidents, especially at nights, in the house How does a 6 pound dog generate 10 pounds of dog flops is beyond me.

Right now she is curled up in my lap sleeping, a place she demands to be at all times. If by some chance I am standing up (god forbid) she will be under my feet. I feel her logic is this, if she can trip me she can climb on my lap.

The other day (before the crate) I woke up to the usual 10 pounds of fun and clean up on the floor. After cleaning it up, I put Surely outside so she can make another contribution in a proper place. I will admit that I was at my wits end with her and was not in the mood for a cuddle. When we went inside I sat down in my favorite chair (see picture below). Surely was having a hissy fit because I wouldn’t let her sit on my lap. I got up and put her on her favorite pillow. Then I sat down. For thirty minutes Surely circled me. When that failed to get my attention she jumped up in the passenger seat and tried to climb over that to get to me. I finally had enough. You can’t get anything done with someone circling you, climbing, and whining. I picked her up. She stayed in my lap for an hour. I had to put her down to get dressed. While I was in the bathroom she sat by the door and cried.

I see a lot of changes in her behavior. Confusion is the biggest issue besides the acute paranoia that she suffers when I am out of sight. The medicine she is taking currently is helping with her vomiting but I have a feeling it will return when she runs out.

We will be staying in New Mexico a little bit longer. After the weather warms up and the hot water heater is fixed we will be out and about exploring. I do have some pictures of a cemetery and of course, my birds I will be posting later on. Thanks for all the comments on Surely. It helps, more than anyone will know.





Location: Las Cruces

0 comments:

What Dogs See

I am now a happy person that shares her home with two dogs. Miss Sophie has moved in with us full time. She is a Miniature Pinscher, 6 years...