Friday, June 27, 2008

;Make Love Not War And Other Stuff

I love the sky after a storm.







I have been listening to 104.1 radio station and heard about a social psychologist William Szlemko from Colorado State University. He and others authored a road rage study and their conclusion is AVOID CARS WITH BUMPER STICKERS. It can be a bumper sticker from "Who Would Jesus Torture" to "I Love My Sheltie" or both. William Szlemko and colleagues theorize that drivers who mark their cars tend to see the roads as their personal territory, much as they do their own homes and feel a need to defend it against perceived threats. Those folks who have cars without bumper stickers still get torked off, they will cuss, mutter, moan but they do not act out, those with bumper stickers do. To read more, Click Here.

I know I am going to hear a "I Told You So." I have been in a crappy mood. Today I went to Walgreens and no sooner than I got out of my car a woman hollered at me "Can You Help Me?" I just looked at her and said "NO." It hit me at that point that I was sure spreading the love around. I looked at her and said "That was really rude wasn't it?" She laughed. She wanted 40 cents to catch the bus. Whether or not that is true I shouldn't have turned my back so abruptly. I dug around in my purse and found the change she needed. I got a hug. It was a good moment.
I need to get out of civilization for a while. I need peace and quiet. Nights so dark you can see the stars. Tomorrow we will be heading for such a place... I hope.





Later


Location:  Tucson

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow what a beautiful sky. I missed the storms they talk about.

The bumper sticker thing? bullsheeeeit! I DO NOT HAVE ROAD RAGE WOMAN!

no seriously YOU were with me when I picked out the first and YOU gave me the other one so it's YOUR fault that I have road rage. HAHAHA!

YES get out of the CITY. It will drive you CRAZY if you spend too long in it. Take me for instance. I stay away from the people asking money. Well, I just don't drive in those parts of town if I don't have to. Would I give them money? Probably not. When I go to the pool I usually have to defend our beach bag. I don't know if it's a summer camp thing, but there's usually three or so buses of kids who are dropped off at the pool with maybe two or three guardians total. These kids show up with NOTHING. Not a towel or snack or toy. I've seen some yank toys away from other kids. If I sit out for a minute they run up and ask if they can play with the toys the girls and I brought. They do not ask nicely and they are usually reaching for them before I say NO! It is irritating as HELL!

Wow I sound like the Grinch. But perhaps I'm just going crazy after spending so much time in the city.

Get out while you can!

Anonymous said...

Hmmm...bet one could find a "study" that says damn near "anything" that one might want to see one say nowadays...whether "true"...or not...

Personally, I think that guy is an idiot, and that his "study" is bogus...but...lol...whodahell am I to talk?

I have a bumpersticker on this ol' rig that proclaims: "I do not suffer from Insanity...I Enjoy every minute of It!"...

Guess he'd interpret that as a "fair warning" that I'm passing around?...uh, waita minute...it is!...hee hee...

Anonymous said...

Love your Pics!! Such a beautiful sky.

As to the bumperstickers...I hope he's wrong or rather I am sure he is over generalizing. I love bumperstickers and I DO NOT HAVE ROADRAGE!!
Dang people just need to stay out of my way! :P

Love, Laughter,Peace and Blessings to ya!

What Dogs See

I am now a happy person that shares her home with two dogs. Miss Sophie has moved in with us full time. She is a Miniature Pinscher, 6 years...