Sunday, July 13, 2008

A Varmit Bit My Mama

One of the things that has plagued my mother is a nasty bug bite on her chin. It appears the bug started nibbling in her hair and went on down her face until he found the juiciest part of her face. It started out with a bump then it turned black and then the other day... well it is sometimes best not to go into details. Lets just say it looks like an open wound, a nasty drippy open wound. The two bumps above it had disappeared and the bite on her head isn't as nasty as the one on her chin.

Today we went to an Urgent Care Clinic in Sierra Vista.

When the doctor came in, I am sorry, but he reminded me of the Tim Conway character - the old doctor. I almost started laughing but I bit my lip. He shuffled in like Tim Conway and he was beyond retirement age. Honestly, to me that is the best doctor to have. He was very thorough.

Mom said she was there for a bug bite - he said "A bug bite!' He looks at her chin and he motioned for me to come over and take a look. Truthfully I had just eaten and that was the last thing I wanted to look at but being the dutiful daughter I am I stood beside him and look deeply into my mother's chin.

That is love folks. Pure love.

He said "that ain't a bug bite. Some varmit bit her."

I am not sure what a Arizona varmit is, so I googled it. A varmit is an animal considered a pest; specifically : one classed as vermin and unprotected by game law or it could be a contemptible person. My favorite definition comes from the Urban Dictionary: an awnry/ornery, pesky/pesty, grouchy, cantankerous, belligerent, tetchy, argumentative, crabby, unreasonable, or bad tempered HUMAN BEING OR CREATURE.

Mom, I don't know what is crawling in bed with you at night and nibbling on your chin but my advice is sleep on the couch!

Other than that - she is healthy as a horse. A strong antibiotic cream is all that is needed.

Location:  Sierra Vista and McNeal Arizona

3 comments:

noisysmile said...

I thought you weren't going to go into details!
What is living with you guys? I would be calling a pest zapper and booking it to a motel if I were you.
I love the video. Gave me the giggles.
I also love what you have done with your page. I love the family slide show. You picked the cutest pictures of us all.

p.s. peppy lives with josh now : ) and he loves it. josh lets him be the old cranky man he wants to be.

love you!

Robin said...

You mean a large mammal-like critter? What did the doctor think it was?

Man, the weirdest stuff happens to you guys...

Pepper McKean said...

He was quirky but not quacky. I think he thought it was a small dog or rodent. The hole in the floor leads to the basement, so an animal couldn't get in there. Her varmit bite is a lot better.

What Dogs See

I am now a happy person that shares her home with two dogs. Miss Sophie has moved in with us full time. She is a Miniature Pinscher, 6 years...