Tuesday, October 28, 2008

It Started Last Night

Mom and I had an enjoyable meal last night, seafood buffet! While in the middle of cracking crab and laughing a phone call came in.  It was our realtor and the folks that owned the little house decided to sell.

I am a faithful listener to a talk radio station here in Tucson and just before we entered the restaurant there was a discussion going on about  housing prices and even though they rebounded slightly, they will fall and fall hard.

I guess the owners were listening as well. 

Tomorrow I will be spending time on the phone trying to line everything up.  Fortunately we don't need an actual pool inspection but we will need someone to come out and clean out the "splash pool."  It goes to show that I have been raised in a barn in the boonies because I thought it was a miniature fish pond for goldfishes.  I am going to have to take another look at it because I don't know how one person can fit in it, let alone splash around.  It does need to be cleaned out and that could be something I can deal with or Scott can.  In other words, if all goes well and we move in then it will cease to exist and become "yard." 

It is a 1600 square foot house that has been listed as a casita.  It has two bedrooms, one full bath and the other bathroom is a water closet.  It is a passive solar home with its own well and septic.  It has enough land to keep the neighbors away and give us the privacy we like. 

If this goes through we will continue to travel and explore.  Scott will be our caretaker and we will have a place to land when the time comes.

I would like to say we are excited but it isn't final yet. 

Photobucket

3 comments:

Robin said...

Well, I'm excited!

noisysmile said...

ok robin and I are going to be excited for you : ) although I think you're already excited.

Anonymous said...

Taste the water and flush the toilet and I am so glad you gals will still travel and explore. Luck to you.

xxx Jolie

What Dogs See

I am now a happy person that shares her home with two dogs. Miss Sophie has moved in with us full time. She is a Miniature Pinscher, 6 years...