Saturday, October 18, 2008

No House

Mom and I have not given up hope in locating a house. Since our last try at finding a realtor failed we decided to do this on our own. We have been checking the internet and driving all over looking but so far nothing. We located a house on the internet yesterday that fit our needs, except for the price, but we thought we would take a drive and look at it. We liked the outside so much that we called the office that had the listing.

The realtor we spoke to was ready to show us the house right then and there. We said we would see it today and at noon we were walking through a total stranger's home, poking around the closets, and discussing more serious matters.

It was a cute house and the guest cottage's layout was FANTASTIC. Yet there were issues that needed to be addressed and would cost. The realtor told us, "I will find you a house." We had heard that before but we gave him our list of wants and needs. He said "I will call you."

He did. He actually called us back and was ready to show us three more houses on Monday but we postponed until Wednesday. Monday and Tuesday are already booked.

This guy is on the ball and very eager. In fact while I was expressing concern over the wiring, he was expressing concern over the walls of the little guest house. He also found other issues and pointed them out to us. So far so good.

I am trying to be optimistic.


Photobucket

4 comments:

Lynilu said...

Oh, good luck. the best thing is that it is a "buyer's market" now, as I'm sure you already know.

Kathie Brown said...

Good luck with your house hunting! It's always amazes me the people who don't return phone calls or keep their word! Glad you found one who does!

noisysmile said...

oh how I adore your calvin and hobbes picture on your page.

good luck with the home hunting. be sure to find a place that has a guest house with a pool, tennis courts, live-in maid and vegan chef. I will be happy to come live with you : )

Anonymous said...

Good luck on the house hunt. I am so glad you have found an area that you feel comfortable enough to call home. Now for the house. Please never stop the Rving though. I love sharing in your adventures.

xxxJolie

What Dogs See

I am now a happy person that shares her home with two dogs. Miss Sophie has moved in with us full time. She is a Miniature Pinscher, 6 years...