Sunday, April 19, 2009

Pictures And Other Topics of Conversation

Jim Nabors

Jolie - He owned a Nut Farm in Hawaii. He always claimed he was to busy with his career to ever get married and start a family. Back in his hey day it was a death sentence to a person's career if they were to "come out." I loved him, he was goofy, talented, and could make a person feel good by just looking at him. Yeah, those were the good old days. He did have a liver transplant back in 1994, I think.

My Dad

Painting the house today made me think of my father. It wasn't because of the painting per se. It was because my back went out. I am very good at hiding my discomfort but by the end of the day I was getting a little grumpy. Because of my father being disabled, I had to lift him - in and out of bed, in and out of the shower, and once or twice off the floor because he was dreaming of racetracks and walking.

Pictures

I remembered to bring my camera! Enjoy the pictures. Oh and before I forget - Hannah the next time I buy a cantelope I will do a macro shot of the seeds.... A little strange but I will do anything for you.











3 comments:

noisysmile said...

I do like that color of paint. You guys should help us find a lavender that doesn't turn into hot pink : )

I really really am looking forward to the cantaloupe pictures. I originally wanted cantaloupe colored walls somewhere but decided that it was a bit much. A huge picture of the inside of a cantaloupe is Robert and I's compromise. I think we have decided on a light blue entryway that leads into a warm beige that will be used in the dining room, living room and hallway. we then plan to use the same blue in the office. our bedroom though will be the first thing that they will help us paint this coming weekend, and we can't find a lavender that we love for the life of us.

we are then hoping to someday paint the guest bedroom, bathroom, and the sun room in the back. our next door neighbor is also trying to talk robert into replacing the metal kitchen cabinets, tearing out the tile and doing some expansion, but I have a feeling those are just dreams that may take years and I do not want to be here that long : )

the poopy picture is fantastic. it looks like lu and bernie have hit it off and fi is getting there.

I need to talk to you about visiting in may. and then perhaps visiting you wherever you will be in august. so please call when you get a moment.

I love you.

Lynilu said...

Nice colors. But I want to know, how do you do that without getting paint everywhere, the hair, the clothes, the shoes ..... Do you give lessons?

I love the couch pup-tatoes!

Kate said...

'You are my Sunshine' used to be my 'party piece' when 3 years old. As in: first grandchild performing seal to grandparents and spinster aunties...
But, surprisingly, I still really like it. Ah, sweet innocence!

What Dogs See

I am now a happy person that shares her home with two dogs. Miss Sophie has moved in with us full time. She is a Miniature Pinscher, 6 years...