Wednesday, April 07, 2010

And They Call The Wind Mariah

We took off today driving through several small towns.  It is beautiful desolate country where you can see for miles.  West Texas plains also has hellacious winds and I will be happy to be away from it.

In the first week of May my daughter will be taking her last class.  She will graduate from college with a degree in Creative Writing.  Mom and I decided to take her and her beau, Robert on a road trip through the southern part of Illinois and on into Kentucky.  This will give her a break before she starts on her Masters.

I also want to see an old friend who celebrated her 50 birthday this year as well as my sister.   

I made an appointment in St. Louis in April to have some minor repairs done to the van.  So everything will be taken care of that needs to be taken care of.

Tomorrow I hope to be in Oklahoma. 

4 comments:

Lynilu said...

The winds have been bad all over the Southwest, but I have no doubt that West Texas winds have done you in. It wears you ragged, doesn't it?

Travel with care.

Robin said...

When Betsy flew me up here one year... I must have been eleven or twelve, she took me to see a movie. I think it was called Paint Your Wagon. That song was in there. I've loved the name ever since...for non-humans anyway....

Hut that girl of yours for me.

Robin said...

That would be 'hug'....unless she's in the army now.

hannah jane said...

lol Robin.

I can't wait to see you mom! I actually woke up at 7 this morning because I was too excited to sleep. That's early for me btw : )

What Dogs See

I am now a happy person that shares her home with two dogs. Miss Sophie has moved in with us full time. She is a Miniature Pinscher, 6 years...