Monday, April 05, 2010

Monahans Sandhills State Park

Today we went to the Monahans Sandhills State Park.  It was almost 100 degrees according to the thermometer but I did do a little hiking.  We had a picnic lunch and explored the park a little more.  Mom suggested we take a trip to Monahan Texas and explore the downtown area.  It was a little deserted but an interesting place to drive through.  After exploring we traveled to Jal New Mexico. Another small town that was fun exploring and we also went to the cemetery.  Then we jumped in the van and head to Hobbs New Mexico.  It has been a fun day exploring but tomorrow we will be staying put.  According to the weather there will be southwest winds 30 to 35 mph with gusts to around 50 mph.  If I don't have to drive I won't.   

Monahans Sandhills State Park


Jal New Mexico Cemetery


Beautiful Night Skies In Hobbs, Sorry About The Dirty Windshield


The poem on the gravestone -

To Remember Me

Give my sight to the man who has never seen a sunrise, a bay's glee or love in the eyes of a woman.
Give my heart to a person whose own heart has caused nothing but endless days of pain.
Give my blood to the teenager who was pulled from the wreckage of his car, so that he might live to see his grandchildren play.
Give my kidneys to the one who depends on a machine to exist from week to week.
Take my bones, every nerve and muscle in my body and find a way to make a crippled child walk.
Explore every corner of my brain.
Take my cells so that one day a speechless boy may shout at the crack of a bat and a deaf girl will hear the sound of rain against her window.
Burn what is left of me and scatter the ashes to the winds to help the flowers grow.

2 comments:

Rojo said...

i love the New mexico Sun sets and the bluest sky i have ever seen.

be safe
Rojo

Grandma Rosie said...

You ladies seem to love the heat. LOL You take some really beautiful pictures Pep.

Rose

What Dogs See

I am now a happy person that shares her home with two dogs. Miss Sophie has moved in with us full time. She is a Miniature Pinscher, 6 years...