Tuesday, June 29, 2010

"Family Stuff"

Dear Anonymous

I would love to exchange information about the Richardson family but you didn’t leave your email address. I have heard of the “Richardson Book” but never could locate it. I am descended from Ebenezer Richardson, a devout Mormon with 4 wives and 34 children. His first wife, Angeline King was my g.g.g. grandmother. His son William Alma was my g.g. grandfather, his son William Alma was my g. grandfather, and finally my grandfather Ray Alma.


I have never met anyone on the Richardson side of the family, with my exception of my grandfather, and I was so young I don’t remember him. My grandfather had 6 children, not counting my father, by different wives and I never had the opportunity to meet them. I have been contacted by folks descended from Ebenezer but no one from William, William, or Ray. How do you fit into this family tree?


Ebenezer was someone I would have loved to have a cup of coffee with. He was baptized into the L.D.S. Church by the Prophet Joseph Smith. He was with the church from the beginning and never once did his faith waver. At the time of Haun's Mill Massacre, he was sent with another man to Haun's Mill to get Joseph Smith’s young family. Ebenezer was shot through the chest. The bullet went through his body and lodged in his back just under the skin. His companion cut it out with a knife. He was a sheriff in Utah. He played the violin. He was a missionary and traveled to South Africa. He was a well liked and respected man who led a very well rounded life. He was in the gold fields when the accident occurred that eventually took his life. I would have loved to hear his stories.


Please send me your email address and I will be happy to share information with you.

Hannah, the last two videos were the two songs I wanted you to listen to. The show is Bones.

For those that want to know - We are in Waukee waiting for a surprise. It is a secret and when the time is right I will let everyone know.

Instead of ending this with “click her for pictures” I have another link for you…. Click here for my ex-husband’s artwork on Etsy. I have no hard feelings for him; he is a very talented person both musically and with his drawings. I just wish I could be half the person my children think he is.




Life is good!

2 comments:

Lynilu said...

Pepper, I had to chuckle when you said you'd like to have a cup of coffee with Ebenezer. Assuming he was a good Morman, he wouldn't drink coffee with you but he might enjoy a nice cup of soft cider! However, to hear his stories, it would be worth foregoing the caffeine for a few hours, I suspect. He does seem to have quite a full history. I love hearing the stories about ancestors; their lives were really full of adventures.

Travel safe!

Pepper McKean said...

I dont' drink coffee either :-)

What Dogs See

I am now a happy person that shares her home with two dogs. Miss Sophie has moved in with us full time. She is a Miniature Pinscher, 6 years...