Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Illinois, Missouri, Kansas Oh My

I have been so busy.  I feel like I am going to meet me coming in when I am going out. 

I visited with my dear friend Carol in Columbia.  Hopefully she will be out of the hospital and in a nursing home by the end of the week.  It was great seeing her and talking to her. 

I ended my Camdenton (home town) visit by meeting up with two good friends from my old workplace.  Again I enjoyed a great meal, great conversation, and lots of catching up.  I left Camdenton on Friday to travel back to my sister’s so we could attend the Strange Folk Festival in O’Fallon Illinois on Saturday.

Friday night a friend of my sister, Rose came by on her way to spend Saturday with her son.  A little wine, lots of conversation followed by beautiful pictures of Rose’s trip to England, Scotland and Paris.  Somehow all of us woke up fairly early, Rose made it to her son’s house and we made it to the Strange Folk Festival. 

We left my sister’s Sunday just to travel back to Camdenton to take care of some last minute business.  Monday found us in route to my daughter’s home.  I am happy to say we made it.  Monday night was spent watching TV and just relaxing. 

Today I took the van into the Chevy dealership, which in my opinion, is the best place to go when you need service.  My visor fell off about 6 months ago and it has been a nightmare to get it fixed.  I would walk into a Chevy service department with it and I would get instant run around.  Some would say it was a conversion van part the others would say it was a GM part.  All of them would differ on cost and delivery time.  I finally said “enough” because I knew I would get it fixed here without a run around. 
Afterwards I drove to my daughter’s house for a day of browsing stores.   Unfortunately two of the stores were used book stores.  We did sell the books we had in the van but we are also replaced them twice….  Kerouac, Harrison, Reynolds to name a few authors but the best find was the Moravian church book.  I didn’t find any mention of my ancestors but the book was so interesting and the price was so right I couldn’t turn it down.  The book I am reading now is “Notorious Royal Marriages” by Leslie Carroll.

Tomorrow we are going to the gardens and I will be posting pictures then.  It has been a great week.  I am going to post a song with this post.  It is sung by Wendy J Francisco who also sang “God and Dog.”  The question I have is this… was it the wine or is this song funnier than heck? 

3 comments:

Lynilu said...

No, that song is downright funny! I'd guess the wine improves the humor, however!

Glad you're back. Now I know it wasn't something I said. :P

~~Mike~~ said...

Seems like you guys are leading the path for us in a way. We are headed to Missouri next :) We are going to visit a friend as well, Carolyn in O'fallon Mo. Some very similar things going on there! Kinda funny, but then I am truly easily amused! Looking forward to the pics, you always take such good ones!

-Mike
97 Roadtrek 170P "Taj Ma Trek"
HTTP://WWW.VanTramps.Com

Robin said...

Is all well?

What Dogs See

I am now a happy person that shares her home with two dogs. Miss Sophie has moved in with us full time. She is a Miniature Pinscher, 6 years...