Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Just An Update

DSC_0253 We left Highland IL Monday and drove to Lebanon MO for 4 nights.   We drove to Camdenton today to visit with friends, take care of business and visit the old home place.  I decided to rent a car because getting the van into a hospital is a nightmare.  There are height restrictions and parking garages and walking for miles.  This morning started with us getting up late, then we got a call saying the car was going to be late and everything went topsy turvy after that.   I felt like I was running all day.  Truthfully I am worn out. 

I saw friends, took care of business, renewed my license, had mom’s phone repaired, and tomorrow I will visit with Carol in Columbia.  I am looking forward to seeing both Belle and Carol.  I just have a bad feeling I can’t bring her Long John Silver because she is on a special diet. 

My daughter will be going with us to Columbia and she came down this evening. 217940 She is spending the night in a hotel, there is just not enough room in my little house on wheels.  She burned me a wonderful CD with a great variety of music.  I have been working on a CD for her for the past two nights so she will be taking home some of my music.  Our taste in music is very eclectic.  There is one album I have been wanting.   When my divorce became final my ex husband retained ownership of it and  I haven’t been able to find it since.  It is Gordon Jenkins' Seven Dreams.  Released date was 1954.  I finally saved enough to purchase it.  I am beyond excited.  Robert, Hannah’s beau, will put it on CD for me.  If you have time look it up.  My two favorite dreams is “The Conductor” and “The Nightmare.”

Scott (Number Two Son) I will burn a copy for you as well. 

I am alive, well, and kicking.  I have been so busy that I can’t blog.  I will try to do better.  Life is good….. no life is GREAT!!!

Click here for pictures of Olney Illinois cemetery.

Click here for Newton Illinois Cemetery.

3 comments:

Isabelle said...

Yay!!!! -Jumps up and down- I love you Thanks for coming to visit little ol' "me" 8D

Kate said...

What a lovely old record that must be. ... I will have to see if I can hear those tracks somewhere, since you attach so much importance to them!

Scott said...

Hey Mom I didn't know you liked that album so much. I bought it off of Ebay a few months ago but I don't have a record player.So yes please send me a copy on CD.

What Dogs See

I am now a happy person that shares her home with two dogs. Miss Sophie has moved in with us full time. She is a Miniature Pinscher, 6 years...