Sunday, September 05, 2010

We Are In Ashland Ohio

IMG_0282 The hometown of Robert and Catherine McKean my g.g. grandparents.

Today we went to the library and I found their obituaries.  I didn’t find out who their parents were and that was disappointing.  After the library we went to the cemetery.  I wasn’t going to try to find their graves because Ashland Cemetery is huge and laid out a little odd.  It is all mixed up.   I will admit this is the first cemetery I have been to that gave me the creeps.  I had the feeling of someone being behind me.  I found myself constantly turning around which was a little irritating.  It is a very active cemetery is all I have to say.  Please don’t send me email invitations to attend your church. 

After the cemetery mom and I went to a car show.  That was a lot of fun even DSC_0144though I didn’t have a clue about some of the cars but there were note cards on the windshields telling us all about the car.  I might not be an expert on cars but I do admire the old ones and the work someone put in to restore them.

Then we bought groceries and headed home.  When I drove to this park I thought  I would never get here.  It is so isolated and way out in the boonies.  The road to the park was curvy and hilly.  It was a nightmare to drive because I was tired.  This time around I decided to try another road but it was just like the one I avoided.  The only difference was I enjoyed the drive and I let out a few WEEESS and WOOOO HOOOOs.   The scenery was spectacular.

Last night I took out the grill and cooked up a freezer full of sausage, polish sausage, hamburger, and pork chops.  We will be eating well for the next two weeks.  I took the last two hamburger patties out last week and made spaghetti.  It tasted really good.  We make soup, chili, and whatever else to stretch out the meat supply. 

DSC_0206 The weather is getting chilly and mom and I are talking about the southern states.  Our plan is to visit a cousin in Franklin on the tenth, then travel to Highland to visit family, then onto Kansas to visit more family, and finally stay a week in Lebanon MO.  I need to renew my driver’s license and I want to spend sometime with my girlfriend who hopefully will be out of the hospital and into a nursing home.

Yes Belle I plan to pick you up and take off to a cemetery.  I am wanting to go to the Waynesville cemetery and then drive around to some of the smaller towns. 

Click here for pictures of St. Joseph Cemetery in Decatur Indiana

Click here for pictures of another cemetery in Decatur Indiana

Click here for pictures of Ashland Ohio Car Show

Click here for pictures of the cemetery in Ashland Ohio

FINALLY!!!!!!!

Click here for the rest of the pictures of my grandkids.  Thank you Scott SO much for these.

all4 annarust
Malachi, Isabel, Jaeda, Hayden Anna and Rusty aka James
brothers scottisabel1
My sons, Rusty aka James and Scott Isabel and Scott being goofy

3 comments:

Lynilu said...

Love the family pictures. Isn't it nice to take the family with you via digital photos?

hannah jane said...

omg about the cemetery. Very eerie.

I am happy you are cooking now : )

And holy wow on the pictures of the family. The one of Scott and Isabel is my favorite of course. But everyone looks really good. Makes me happy.

Isabelle said...

Yay :D I can't wait I have too say...Wish it was on better terms but at least mom is alive :) Even though she is not feeling that way now..God this has seemed like forever. Will call tomorrow Hopefully this week something will happen get this next step over with Ive been really dreading it...ILU

What Dogs See

I am now a happy person that shares her home with two dogs. Miss Sophie has moved in with us full time. She is a Miniature Pinscher, 6 years...