Thursday, October 21, 2010

Explanation

7 Dreams by Gordon Jenkins was a LP released in 1954. It is a musical fantasy set to a full orchestra. To put it simply it tells the story of 7 Dreams the narrator has. Thanks to Johnny Cash and Frank Sinatra the two dreams, “The Conductor” and “The Girl on the Rock”, will sound familiar. My ex husband owned the album and the family enjoyed it immensely especially the 6th dream, “The Nightmare.” The kids definitely had that one memorized.  "One for the Monster, Two for the Shroud, Three to get Rendered, and 4 to……… Wake up brush your teeth, wash your face, comb your hair…..” When we divorced he kept the album. As silly as it sounds it is a part of my children’s childhood and it brings back warm memories for me as well. For a long time it was not available on CD and I believe you can purchase it from I-Tunes. I found the LP online and purchased it and had it put on a CD. My daughter will keep the LP since my son; Scott purchased an LP of 7 Dreams without telling me.

The visit to the dentist went well and mom doesn’t have to replace her vintage cap. We will be on the road Sunday heading south to parts unknown.

Dream Two - The Conductor


Pictures of the Kansas City Zoo taken October 9th.

DSC_0010-1 DSC_0020-1
DSC_0149-1 DSC_0160-1
DSC_0185-1 DSC_0211-1
DSC_0200-1 DSC_0232-1
DSC_0278-1 DSC_0288-1
DSC_0303-1 DSC_0343-1

2 comments:

Lynilu said...

Ahhh, thanks. That makes sense now.

Barb said...

Love the Zoo photos!
Barbara

What Dogs See

I am now a happy person that shares her home with two dogs. Miss Sophie has moved in with us full time. She is a Miniature Pinscher, 6 years...