Monday, October 25, 2010

Oatmeal, Applesauce, Tea….. Sigh

We decided to spend another day in El Dorado Kansas since the weather person was predicting high winds.  Truthfully I could have driven into Oklahoma and avoided the wind all together but that is not what I am all about.  I am going to drive the back roads, see the little towns, stop at the cemeteries and visit the main drags.  Even though I could have driven my little house on wheels in this type of weather…. why should I?  I had a good book and cable tv.  So I just rolled over and slept till 8:30. 

momandi[1] The day was spent running errands - filling the van with gas, Wal-Marts, haircuts, and eating the best darn BBQ in the world.  I have never eaten this good in a long, long time.  If you are ever in El Dorado Kansas please stop by Oklahoma Boys BBQ on Main Street.  It is worth driving out of your way for it.

While getting my hair cut I found myself in conversation with a gentleman who has dreams of travel when his children leave home.  What was interesting is he has traveled to Honduras as well and we talked about Roatan and Copan, as well as El Ceibal, which isn’t in Honduras.  We discussed Arizona and California.  I encouraged his desire to own van, which I am sure his wife will love me for that.  The conversation was so wonderful that I forgot all about what the hairdresser was doing.  The last haircut I received I walked out looking like a 51-year old Justin Bieber…. which was very interesting to say the least.  Well Folks, I walked out with a spiked haircut, like I asked for.  The lady was so interested in our conversation she forgot to charge me for mom’s haircut.  I did pay for it.

The picture in this blog is a caricature of my daughter and myself.  Yeah it is not exactly flattering but I hate any picture of me.  So what the heck I will post it.

This evening I decided to create a few CDs for driving music and get my mail caught up.  Tomorrow night will be a parking lot night and I don’t know if I will get online or not.  I also am trying a new torture for me.  No eating after 6 p.m.  It is rough.  I am one of those that eat a lot before bedtime and that is not good.  So I dream of breakfast now.  Oatmeal, Applesauce, Tea…..  Sigh

Dream Four By Gordon Jenkins

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the caricature picture. Driving in high winds is never fun in an RV. Travel safe, Gail

Barb said...

No eating after 6:00? OMG! I could never do that. They usually say stop eating after 8:00, assuming you're in bed at 10 or 11, and even that is hard for me. Sometimes I don't even have dinner until after 6:00. You must have great self control. Good luck!
And I love the caricature, too.
Barbara

~~Mike~~ said...

Oh my, I don't start eating after 2PM, if I quit at 6 I would really look like pipe cleaner man!

The picture is pretty cool! I should get one of Heidi and I like that, we hate posting any real ones of ourselves.

-Mike
97 Roadtrek 170P "Taj Ma Trek"
HTTP://WWW.VanTramps.Com

What Dogs See

I am now a happy person that shares her home with two dogs. Miss Sophie has moved in with us full time. She is a Miniature Pinscher, 6 years...