Monday, February 11, 2008

It Is Up My Alley

My dental experience in Mexico was interesting. The clinic was clean, the staff wonderful, but when it came time to pay I had to barter. I have never bartered for dental work in my life and I will chalk it up to “what an experience.” I had a temporary filling and an x-ray done. The total cost….. Drum roll please…..$240.

I could get my dental work done much cheaper in the good ole US so I started haggling. I ended up saving $100 and as soon as I could I made an appointment with a dentist in Las Cruces.

Now for the rest of the story: they would have given me a post, a crown, a root canal, and a new partial for $1500. That is a good price but I have severe allergies to pain medication. As tempted as I was, I knew it would be safer for me to have that kind of work done in the US with a hospital close by.

The appointment is set for tomorrow, which by the way is my birthday, Happy Freaking Birthday to Me. All I want for my birthday is my one back tooth.

I have found the best restaurant in Las Cruces. Forget Si Si Senor or Double Eagle, drive to the Pancake Alley, order up a Wimpy Burger and onion rings while grooving on the tunes of the sixties and seventies. I am partial to the “Hotter Than Your Mama” though. What makes a good restaurant even better is the staff. The staff at Pancake Alley is fantastic, great people, great conversation, and wonderful displays of Betty Boop, Elvis Presley and James Dean.

Ah food! Life is good! I just don’t think we will ever leave Las Cruces.



0 comments:

What Dogs See

I am now a happy person that shares her home with two dogs. Miss Sophie has moved in with us full time. She is a Miniature Pinscher, 6 years...