Thursday, February 14, 2008

Stephen King

I have always wanted to read a Stephen King novel but I don’t want to be scared half to death. Rumor has it; he can do that to you.

Last week I found his latest book and after little thought and much impulse, I bought it. I started reading it yesterday and haven’t been able to put it down. It is not because it is the best book I have ever read; I wanted to be scared witless. I wanted to have Stephen King nightmares and this book was not producing. I am now ¾ into the book and finally ACTION! Ghost, a giant frog, twin girls being chased into the ocean, death, destruction, and I am…..bored.

Yes I am so bored with the book that I just want to pitch it out the window.

I like the characters and the way he introduced them to you. He made them a little unreal but likeable. After the first five or six chapters I knew what was going to happen. It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to figure this one out. I already knew who was going to die and the reason for the main character’s fanatical painting sprees. I knew who was going to be resurrected and who wasn’t. I wish he would have painted Elizabeth young because she seemed like the most interesting character in the book. I bet she had stories to tell that could curl the hair on your toes.

I am going to finish the book while in the Doctor’s office. Now that is enough to scare the bejesus out of me, ROOT CANAL!


I have been trying to figure out a way to describe my feelings while I was in Mexico having a temporary filling put in. I want to keep things “nice” and not vent my opinions. If you are going to take the road to Mexico to have dental work done – stay away from Palomas Mexico. It is not a good place to go. They have the staff, the clean exam rooms and they are friendly but they are not what they say they are. If you have any medical issues stay in the US. A professional told me all I needed to know. If you are going to cross over in El Paso then there are actual dentists there that are quite good but I couldn’t get the names. As it stands now I am paying the same price for dental work as I would in Mexico and getting the same thing done with the exception of getting a partial. I am satisfied.




Location: Las Cruces

0 comments:

What Dogs See

I am now a happy person that shares her home with two dogs. Miss Sophie has moved in with us full time. She is a Miniature Pinscher, 6 years...